Friday 22 February 2013

Chris Miles

This is Chris miles, off of the series Skins. He is known to rob/snort/screw/smoke anything and everything, but above that, he will say yes to everything, he loves everyone around him. He died later on in the series due to a subarachnoid hemorrhage, a hereditary condition that his older brother passed away from as well. During his funeral, his ex girlfriend said-

“I've been thinking about what Chris would have wanted me to say today. The advice he'd give me, which'd be something like, 'Know what, babe? Fuck it. These guys know all about me. Tell them about someone different.' So I thought I'd tell you about a hero of Chris's: a man called Captain Joe Kittinger. In 1960, climbing into a foil balloon, Captain Joe ascended 32 kilometers into the stratosphere. And then, armed only with a parachute, he jumped out. He fell for four minutes and thirty-six seconds, reaching seven hundred and forty miles per hour before opening his parachute five kilometers above the Earth. It had never been done before, and it's never been done since. He did it just because he could. And that's why Chris loved him - because the thing about Chris was, he said yes. He said yes to everything. He loved everyone. And he was the bravest boy - man - I knew. And that was - he flung himself out of a foil balloon every day. Because he could. Because he was. And that's why - and that's why,.......we, we loved him.”

And I found what she said to be a very beautiful thing. Its a reflection of the words by which I live my life: To do anything to the mind's limit and bear the consequences. To do something just because you can, to make your own history by your own standards, and who knows, you might just become someone others turn to for inspiration. I'll towards for this.

Ps. I'm free this Tuesday.


No comments:

Post a Comment