Friday 21 December 2012

Bottom's Up

Your Love Is A Lie - Simple Plan

Yesterday was a damn good time spent out after a depressing night. Went to meet a friend to go to Haji Lane to look for her Christmas present and Christmas shop with her for her grandparents' presents. First time for me going to the shops in Haji Lane because its quite out of the way for me, but turns out the shops there are really good. Many blog shop kind of concepts, with attics and mini bars, and the prices were pretty reasonable as well. I had a generally good time there, though I kept thinking of stuff along the lines of "Oh next time I can bring her here to shop...." then there's a sudden hit of reality, and "....okay guess not", and it didn't help that many of the shops were playing music I used to associate with us, so I got quite quiet at times, but overall it felt much better than if I were to be at home alone definitely. I ran into Lynette and her friend there twice too, so my mood was much better after that. Then we headed over to Vivocity to continue shopping for the stuff, she's looking for a shirt to get me for Christmas too, or maybe a sweater or something. I'll probably be getting her either a sweater, wallet, or if all else fails a camera. Maybe split with some of my friends or something. It was a much noisier and crowded place compared to Haji Lane so I felt much better with all the distraction around, except for when we were in Build-A-Bear for some reason. Afterwards, we had dinner at Earl Swensen's before going to meet my cousin for drinks. My appetite still hasn't improved from the last couple of days, and will go from really starving to a nauseated kind of full within a few minutes of eating so that's pretty bad, hopefully it'll get better soon, I need my calorie intake.

So the three of us met up at CHIJMES and decided to try out Club Lava, under another friend's recommendation that the food there was good. The atmosphere inside was great for me actually, it was noisy, which kind of made it hard to talk to the others (we had to shout and eventually go right up to the other person's ear), it wasn't crowded at all yesterday which was awesome (better service and more space to ourselves), there was a live band with two amazing singers and a bassist who looked like he was on drugs, it was dark and cold, with roaming spotlights so you kind of get the idea. It was the first time my friend met my cousin so it was a little quiet and awkward at first with the two of them using their phones, but after a while you could tell the two of them got along really well and are planning to go out again next week for more drinks. We started off with beers, a flaming waterfall, and then went down to shots. They didn't sell shots there by the dozen, so we had to go round by round. It was my first time doing shots, and I don't regret it at all, it hyped me up much faster than anything. We went mostly for Bailey's based shots because of taste preference but tried the tequila shots too. The thing about the tequila shots we ordered was that it came with a lemon slice that you're supposed to suck before taking the shot. The shot was fine, the lemon, was bloody sour. After a couple more rounds, we went for mocktails to slow ourselves down first because it wasn't that late yet and we didn't want to end up drunk so early. By then, the atmosphere was getting much more hyped with more people streaming in, the music more blaring and so on and everyone just started going crazy then, there was this Indian group behind us who started dancing as if the whole place was a Bollywood set up, hilarious. Everyone started screaming along to the songs, and with the neon lights chasing the mood up, it was really one hell of a time. We ended the night on two more rounds of shots before my friend had to leave because her ride had come to pick her up. The bill came up to over 600 bucks but it was worth it I suppose, it definitely did make me feel much better and I had a great time.

We left the club at about 1am to cab back over to my cousin's. The thing was, I think our cab driver was a pretty pious man, or at least he seemed so, and there we were talking (We realised later on that we were yelling) at each other about some religious issues and how some people just follow without knowing why they are required to do certain things. Well, at least the guy dropped us off safely. And somehow, we decided to get McDonald's. McNuggets, to be specific, 20 pieces. And then we ate one, two, and just sat there laughing at the damn box because there was no way we could even finish 5. Had a couple of conversations, one with my ex, a friend, and Lynette who surprisingly talked to me real long until we went to sleep. Turns out someone isn't as unfriendly as I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment