Sunday 28 August 2016

Sunday Night

What do you do when the person you care about is in a mental lockdown? When their world crumbles and you're too far away to catch them in your arms. What do you do when their better judgement tells them to shut out the world, so you can only grab at the bars on their door as you watch them sinking. What do you do when their pain bleeds into your own, when your every waking moment is misted with fear and heartache for the hurting soul that isn't yours. Do you knock on the door with bruised knuckles, adamant on making sure she knows someone's still there, or does the knocking only aggravate the feeling of being shut inside? What do you do when you call out but there's no response, it's like leaving the light on for a ghost.

I can't answer any of these questions, I really don't know. But rest assured that I understand you might need time to figure this out on your own, or any other reason that I'm unaware of, but I'll be here when you open that door, that way, even if I was there just to walk you out, you'd know you weren't alone all that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment