Friday 29 July 2016

Sat Morning

Last night I had a splendid time at Dulux Professional launch, a wine and dine event at the Grand Hyatt. Must say there was too much greens in the dine part for my liking but the wine part made up for it. The door gift I must say was a brilliant idea, a leather clip and card case emblazoned with our respective initials. First thought when I saw it was hey, if I ever hosted an event on a grand scale like this one, a personalized door gift would be the way to people's hearts. I guess it's only fair to say that by the end of the night, I had a fresh red rose pinned to my blazer and the girls had each stolen enough roses from the bases to make bouquets. Apparently they hadnt limited their hands to the roses just on our table as well. Inspiring.

There was so much I had wanted to talk about last night, it all came gushing to me as I lay sort of comfortable in bed. My mind was aromatised by alcohol and it wafted away to you. I called you, in a kind of non committal way, whilst it would have been astounding to talk, I hadnt thought that you would pick up the phone. Why would you, after making a promise to yourself not to, right? I hadn't meant any harm of course, but I suppose I'm no longer perplexed by the lack of answers and have settled for the calm in knowing that you're still alright.

Is it harsh of me to feel like a dirty person when I remind you to drink enough water? Sort of feels like I'm padding greasy hands all over one's newly painted walls after specifically being told not to; in this case, the walls in question would be the ones she's put up around herself from, well, I don't know, me?

The song I had written and previously posted here had been an egoistical attempt at conveying how much you're worth, in a time I felt you were at a low and empty, I had wanted to give meaning behind your name, a lifetime of experiences and the things I loved about you. I should have known better however, what I understand now, that the things I loved about you didn't matter, and your life consists of so much more than a love story with some boy who can't call it quits. It was a brave attempt I must say, one of the best songs I had ever written, but I can't do it justice with my new knowledge that at the end of the day, the best song I could have written about you, a song worthy of your name, would be one with you as the lead writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment