Thursday 24 January 2013

Writer


Saw this gem on tumblr tonight:


I once dated a writer and
Writers are forgetful,
but they remember everything.
They forget appointments and anniversaries,
but remember what you wore,
how you smelled,
on your first date…
They remember every story you’ve ever told them - 
like ever,
but forget what you’ve just said.
They don’t remember to water the plants
or take out the trash,
but they don’t forget how
to make you laugh.

Writers are forgetful 
because
they’re busy 
remembering 
the important things

I was thinking maybe I could be a writer some day. If I don't become an architect. Maybe I can be both, encrypting my text in the delicate lines of architecture. I will etch stories into Romanesque arches and watch how they cascade down among buttresses and verses into the pool of deep, undulating love stories of heartbreak below. I'll bring timeless characters to life as they swing among ribbed vaults, a play of words skimming in a perfect golden section around beautifully ornamented Corinthian columns, and as each stroke of the finest golden pen falls upon a page of the softest marble, chains crackle upon rusted gears and unveil a a new landscape in my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment